|Living With The Lions is a small, privately owned sports travel company based in Conderton just outside Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire. We pride ourselves on the talent of our team and are currently looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic & passionate sales person to join our growing schools team.
- Experienced School Sports Tours Sales Person
- Full-time (37 ½ hrs/week) – Monday to Friday 0900 – 1730 hrs
- Salary competitive depending on experience
- Location: Negotiable
- You will be part of a team reporting directly to the schools sales manager with responsibility for selling a number of sports tours as well as the occasional cultural or musical tour. You will have responsibility for the quoting of all elements of the tour and liaison with the client, transport providers, ground agent and suppliers during the process.
- You will be responsible for a variety of tours covering a range of sports. This will include long-haul (Caribbean, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc), European (mainly Spain, Italy, France) & the UK & Ireland as part of our inbound tour programme.
- You will be responsible for managing your tours’ profitability, liaising with the financial team to minimise foreign currency fluctuation and for meeting all payment deadlines.
- Health & safety & risk assessment play an important role in school tours and you would be responsible for assisting in collecting information from each supplier and liaising with the supplier & schools to ensure that all parties are meeting the standard required to ensure the safety of your clients.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Experience working within the schools sports travel sector is vital.
- Possess a strong eye for detail with an infectious enthusiasm for the role.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in their work, have a commercial focus, and possess good creative skills in terms of building itineraries and making amendments once a tour is in place to keep it within budget or maintain the flow of the itinerary.
- Be able to manage their workload effectively, be well organised, flexible, determine priorities, act on their own initiative as well as being a strong team player.
- Experience of working with airlines and booking flights. Knowledge of Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Sabre, Galileo and Amadeus.
- Identify and create sales/margin opportunities.
- Feel confident to work on your own but to also be a team player and be on hand to assist your colleagues at times of pressure. A positive ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
- Enjoy sport & have a basic knowledge of the key school sports to include rugby, hockey, cricket & netball
- A first-hand knowledge of some of the key destinations would be desirable such as Europe, South Africa, Australia, the Caribbean etc as well as familiarity with the geography of the UK.
- Relevant experience in travel or in particular Sports Travel, languages and a desire to succeed in a competitive environment would be an advantage.
- Inclusion in Company Pension Scheme
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Opportunity to travel
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £ depends on experience plus commission
Relevant experience in travel or in particular Sports Travel, languages and a desire to succeed in a competitive environment would be an advantage. Please send your CV email@example.com if you are interested in receiving more information.